The experience and knowledge of our clients come first. Existing experience is the basis for solutions that are in the end supported by everyone in your organization. And the insights from the project must be retained in the team. Permanently.
WHAT COULD THAT LOOK LIKE?
Add a strategic dimension to your procurement activities!
Yes! Because especially small and mid-size companies are building their world-class position upon their operational excellence! And that is exactly where their procurement people are! However, most of these companies just do not have the critical mass to build and fully utilize a specific strategic sourcing group. And without proper utilization, you are not building the type of experience matching your word-class position.
The solution? An experienced, external CPO ("Chief Procurement Officer") joining you exactly to take care of these strategic tasks. All the while, your own procurement people stay in the driver's seat and take all decisions. This way, your own people are building competence and experience. And once your business has achieved critical mass, your own team simply takes over strategic sourcing.
- Substantially lower cost than maintaining your own strategic sourcing function.
- You have access to an experienced CPO, supplying you and your team with insights from different industries and global supply markets.
- Through constant involvement of the same person you are working with someone who really knows you company, your business, your employees and your management. Someone who can get going on a day's notice!
- After the initial creation of the sourcing strategies, this external colleague if joining you on-site for specific, agreed occasions: annual update of the sourcing strategies, half-year progress review, possibly monthly meetings of the procurement management team. In between, agreed action plans are executed and you team is able to fully focus on day-to-day business: keeping your world class position!
- For important negotiations, your team can immediately pull in an experienced consultant for preparations or a "ghost negotiator" – a seasoned negotiator, available as coach to the team during breaks in negotiations, without becoming visible to the other side.